Friday, June 25, 2010

Table dismemberment

Awhile back while visiting the house of my neighbors parents, I came across an item I just had to have.  Problem is I'm super cheap. (just disregard the recent purchase of my Bernina 830, lol) My neighbs mom had this cute round coffee table that was once a dining room table.  Ever since I had been on the lookout for the perfect, cheap, round dining room table to turn into the cutest little coffee table. Well fast forward to a month ago when I bought a dining room table that was quit large from a different neighbor.  It was her mothers, and she talked about how it was their table as children, blah blah blah.  I was having a hard time thinking of dismembering someones dinner table, where they might have once shared great memories, so, I moved on.

Fast forward to last weekend during our Indy excursion, Mamabee found a small round table that the previous owners had left.  Problem was solved, it came home with me.  Thats what I'm here to show you today.

Here is the before, just pretend the legs are attached and its standing upright.



It was just about 100 degrees outside where we live, so I brought this project inside.  Make sure that you pick a place on your nice hardwood floors that you had just cleaned, the spot right next to the white couch, that was also just cleaned because your big bad nasty dirty dog decided to nap on it.  Yep thats the perfect spot. now you need some supplies, since we are wanting to take this from dinner table to coffee table, I used a jigsaw, and a palm sander, your gonna need an extension cord.  Make sure you take safety measures.



First leg off, now three more.



I sanded the bottoms of her legs.  They will get felt pads but I wanted them smooth before I painted. I took my legs outside and I painted them a toupe color to match a side table I already have in this room.



Here she is (and the big bad dirty dog who nastified my white couch!)

The top is laminate, and I wasnt in the mood to fool with painting it, because you see I have the perfect fabric picked out to make a table cover for her, and her matching side table.  More to come on that later.

Have you modified something that you would like to share?  Please leave a link in my comments.

Thanks for stopping by.







0 comments:

Post a Comment